
This is a portrait of a black family..my family. Yes it was years ago, but this is my daddy and his favorite girls. I look at this picture and think of so many things. First, it looks as if I was soooo not impressed with the photographer. Then I think: Wow, my life really wasn't that bad. When I think about the goodness of God and allll that he's has brought me through, I get so much joy! It just amazing that I see so much potential with this family, yes there are some ups and downs but we got through it together. I think of so many of my friends who didn't have their father in their home, or parents that are not together anymore for whatever reason and I feel so blessed! Even now, I see the example of loyalty of marriage vows "in sickness and in health" that has the potential to be very tangible. I see the strength of a black man and woman leading their family with God as their foundation, and the hedge of protection all around them. I think of sisterhood that is beyond comprehension, that no greek letter or intake process can EVER claim. I see my family, and even though I can't pick em I wouldn't change them for the world.

9 comments:
That is good how you feel about your family. Many times I felt like an orphan, I still do. No father around, raised by grandparents and my mom around but not emotionally available.
oh wow...that was a cool pic sheletha...
I had one of those...i don't think that I could put one of mine on my blog though...you got guts!
shai...i got a hug for ya!
That pic is adorablee... I feel ya on the photographer. My familiy used to go those pix taken all the time. We were really happy then. Its nice to read you getting warm loving feelings from this. Its nice. Really nice.
You still look the same. That was a nice post.
that's a nice picture babycakes. i feel the same sometimes about my family. blessed.
you have an extended fam here shai...extra {{{hugs}}} for you.
That was truly heartfelt. This made me reflect on my mother's strength when raising the four of us.
It takes courage to break with those older pics (smile).
Thanks Lance and DC. I have fam. Just as an only child who had to be by herself at times, it was hard, hence I am more of a loner than a social butterfly. I have other extended fam and yall as additions is just fine.
AAAwwwwww! Daddy's Angels:-). Like u, Sheletha I'm from a family with all girls and my Daddy has been overheard saying that his daughters are better than ANY sons he's ever met!
Love the picture AND the post. Thank u for sharing.
This is a wonderful pic, Sheletha! I love this!
Post a Comment