
Last night on the phone with my mom.
mommah: HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT GUY RUBEN TICK?
vixen: who?
mommah: THERES THIS GUY RUBEN TICK.
vixen: Ruben Studdard???
mommah: Nawwww, gurl. I know who that is, the americans idol guy. Im talking about Ruben Tick. He sings this really slow song, its so nice.
vixen: Mommah, its Robin Thicke.
mommah: Yeah, he got a black wife, she cute too.
vixen: uh, yeah. I got his CD about 4 months ago, hes not really all that new.
mommah: Im going to get that tape tomarrow.
sometimes Mommah tries to be hip....
mommah: HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT GUY RUBEN TICK?
vixen: who?
mommah: THERES THIS GUY RUBEN TICK.
vixen: Ruben Studdard???
mommah: Nawwww, gurl. I know who that is, the americans idol guy. Im talking about Ruben Tick. He sings this really slow song, its so nice.
vixen: Mommah, its Robin Thicke.
mommah: Yeah, he got a black wife, she cute too.
vixen: uh, yeah. I got his CD about 4 months ago, hes not really all that new.
mommah: Im going to get that tape tomarrow.
sometimes Mommah tries to be hip....

5 comments:
LOL... oh my goodness...that was so cute. TAPE...LOL. do they even produce music on tape anymore??? LOL.
Well, my 84 year old grandmother has been on me to buy her a cel-fa-fone (that's her Southern voice saying it) I'm like...grandma, you still YELL on my voicemail for twenty minutes because you think I can hear you... LOL...'what chu gone do wit a cell'.
Tape? LOL. Juanita Bynum says tape even when she is holding the person's CD she is promoting. SMH.
Gurl, I have my moments with my daugher, she will correct me like OK momma is off her rocker. LOL. I am like hey I got a million other things on my mind. Yet, my child will ask me questions because she knows I can retain alot of info.
Oh Sheletha, that was so funny! My mom will mix up a name so bad too and have me laughing, but girl you gotta love them... I know i do!
HAHAHAHA...TOO FUNNY! NICE POST BABYCAKES! ;-)
I'm glad you cleared up the Ruben Tick question I had after your post on my site.
That was cute.
Post a Comment