The Cortney Gee Experience that is, filled with singing, comedy, and straight up coonery! I travelled to Charlotte, NC after work on Friday to support a brother of the blogs. Now, I know after hounding him and pulling some stalkerish type antics I found out where the venue, The Omega House is located. Cort may say otherwise but I know for a fact he told me 8PM that the show was going to start. He didn't know what the hell he was talking about cause I was walking in with the DJ while he was setting up. All during the day I had prepared myself for the evening thinking: "Ok Sheletha, you are going to be around a whole bunch of Dawgs so your game gotta be extra tight, you remember the Ques from college right?" Needless to say all that damn pep talk was for not, because the Ques I met when I arrived were old, not Cortney old (smile), but old like sitting at the bar where everyone knows your name type old. I could at least out run these mu'fukkas if shit got outta hand. Anyway, I'm sitting there waiting cause Cort told me 8, one of the Omega men asked me if I had a ticket. I told him no, I was meeting Cortney here. He asked me if that was one of the bruhs. I was like, "no, its the ni99a on the ticket." He left me alone after that. The rest took care of me while I was waiting. I had ate and chilled while watching the Celtics game on television.
Showtime was Awesome! Cortney is a fool. He had the crowd captivated. After the show was over he was distributing his CD's and DVDs working the crowd and doing his thing. That was cool. I was trying to get my mojo to work but everybody there knew I was a guest of Cortney's since I had been there sooooo long. So when I did find someone my age the conversation always started about how did I know Cort. Uggh! word got around fast! Nobody was fukkin wit me.
Soon after the picture above was taken I started getting a slight headache but I wasnt going trying to think anything about it. I was stomping with the big dawgs over to the Savoy, I guess a club favorite of Charlotte. The crowd was young and it was just interesting to watch people dance on the floor. I was amazed because what I observed was nothing short of either what looked like a fight or people having sex on the dance floor. It wasn't that choreographed, syncopated dance structure that you see on television. Some song came on and everybody was singing "I gets money, money, money!" All I could think was that half these ni99a ain't even got a savings account let alone walked into a Bank of America. Talkin about "I get money" please, getthefukouttahea." I thought I was waayy too flyy to be in this piece so said my goodbyes and I headed to my friends house where I stay whenever I visit Charlotte.
It was then my headache started to worsen and I thought I could sleep the headache off. I woke with a stiff neck and at the slightest movement my head would throb, it was pulsating and unbearable. I started to vomit (Sorry, TMI). This was the onset of a migraine, I was done. There was no way I was going to try to head back to Greensboro. At least not that day. I wanted to cry but it would make the headache worse. I was popping pills, and my friend was scared, begging me to go to urgent care. I kept telling her that I think I would be fine, I just need some Excedrin. Thats exactly what I got that made me feel better. I still have a slight headache but it was nothing like I experienced that morning.
Other than that, my weekend was great! How about yours?

19 comments:
She She stomping with the big dawgs ... so sorry for the still disputed miscommunication about the time. Glad you had a good time at the show ...
Love that line
( the nukka on the ticket hilfuckinlarious ')
Glad u witnessed the Gee experience,i hope he was the gentleman(sike)... sad i could'nt make it but i've also tried to hang with the big dogs and failed miserably... literally on my ass...feel better sista..
Even with your migraine, sounds like you had a better weekend than I did...
Hope your feeling better.
Sounds like you had a good time...sorry to hear about the migraine headache though...get better soon. I had a good weekend. I was invited to a tea party and had a great time.
Awwwwwwww...migraines will make even the strongest shed a tear. Hope you are feeling better!
LMAO @ "I gets money, money, money!" All I could think was that half these ni99a ain't even got a savings account let alone walked into a Bank of America" You are a damn nut!
hey babycakes, that nigga on the ticket line/i gets, money, money, money was classic.
you sho' one of dem que-dawg didn't slip you a micky?...
that what it sounds like to me.
glad you're okay.... ;-)
Sounds liek you had a great time, Sheletha. That's great. I didn't know you had such a sweet sense of humor til I read your comments on OHN's blog.
Nice pic, as usual.
lol @ slipped a micky
So Glad u had a good time Li'l Bits! AND LOOK AT U: going places by YoFLYAZZSE'F! Hugz2ya4That! I DO love the nukka on the ticket line, too! U be WORKIN' it fo' REAL! u the only chick i EVAH seen get a free shot at The Den here in Harlem - bringin' that Southern Belle charm got these NY fools eatin' out yo' hand - so i KNOW u worked it there! will keep u & them migraines in prayer - nothing to play with!
my weekend was FANfugginTABULOUS! finally broke my two year fast of no/bad sex. WHEW! Mama's feelin' MUCH bettah this week, thanx for askin';-)
Dang Sheletha! You hang out like that...well i know we are gonna have a good time whenever we get to hang out! Hoping you feeling better lady! take care of yourself!
Awww, sorry to hear that. Migraines are the devil.
In spite of it all, it looks like you had a ball...
Glad you had a good time with Courtney Gee. I haven't been to the Omega House in months. Savoy has changed. It used to be the spot on Fridays. Tempo is a nice spot for the more mature crowd.
SUp hometown honey baby lady person. You did it UP didnt you. gone head girl.
Hope all is bettah by now.
Looks like you had a good time ...headache aside!
Now that sounded like fun. Ahh to be young again.
Nice Pic ;-)
Sounds like you had a fab time. It's been some time since I have been in the Queen City. I remeber hanging with Sorors at JCSU...but I digress. Blog more, I love your voice!
Happy Holidays!
Love,
Babz
Welcome New Readers!!!!
Post a Comment